Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 16 - 25 of about 1,649 matching the query, best matches first.
WATER CRISIS FREEDOM CLEANUP ADVANCES CONTAMINATION EXTENT UNKNOWN
- tanks there haven't been removed. U.S. Attorney Booth Goodwin is conducting a criminal investigation of the leak. The U.S. Chemical Safety Board also is examining the incident. Neither agency has completed its work in that area, Dorsey...
Published: Sunday, February 16, 2014
2010 BELLE PLANT VIOLATIONS DUPONT AGREES TO $1.3M FINES FOR CHEM LEAKS, 1 WORKER DIED IN STRING OF INCIDENTS
- regret the loss of our employee, Danny Fish, who was a much-loved father, husband, co-worker, friend and community member. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com, 304-348-1702 or follow @kenwardjr on Twitter....
Published: Thursday, August 28, 2014
KANAWHA VALLEY WATER CRISIS DEP ORDER: DISMANTLE TANK FARM CHEMICALS MUST BE OUT MARCH 15
- for West Virginia American Water confirmed that its legal counsel received the letter, but declined further comment. Staff writer Ken Ward Jr. contributed to this report. Reach David Gutman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-348-5119....
Published: Sunday, January 26, 2014
JAN. 9 CHEMICAL LEAK EPA AIR RULE IFFY FOR MCHM CLEANUP
- the monitoring methods during the spill site cleanup, Gillenwater said Thursday. DEP officials and investigators from the U.S. Chemical Safety Board have cautioned that the demolition of MCHM storage tanks at the Freedom site could...
Published: Friday, May 02, 2014
TOMBLIN ON WATER: 'IT'S YOUR DECISION'
- are confusing the concept that just because there are no known dangers doesn't mean that something is safe," Vandenberg said. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com or 304-348-1702. "This is frustrating," she said. "I know that public...
Published: Tuesday, January 21, 2014
WATER CRISIS 'NOBODY IS GOING TO SAY IT'S SAFE' HOUSE HEARING PROVIDES FEW ANSWERS
- Gordon Merry, Kanawha County emergency services director Dale Petry, and West Virginia American Water President Jeff McIntyre. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-348-1702....
Published: Tuesday, February 11, 2014
PLAN FOR CHEMICAL OVERSIGHT IGNORED U.S. CHEMICAL SAFETY BOARD URGED STATE, LOCAL ACTION IN 2011
- Since then, the proposal has gone nowhere. The state Department of Health and Human Resources hasn't stepped in to provide the legal authority the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department needs to start such a program. And Kanawha County...
Published: Monday, January 13, 2014
CHEMICAL TANK BILL ADVANCES TO SENATE FLOOR
- are of concern about another chemical that was released into the water supply," said Daniel Horowitz, managing director of the U.S. Chemical Safety Board. Horowitz said the CSB would include a review of the matter in its ongoing investigation...
Published: Friday, January 24, 2014
DHHR, DEP SUED INACTION BEFORE, AFTER CHEMICAL LEAK CITED
- still feel unsafe drinking or cooking or bathing with their water and a survey of legislators revealed that none of the legislators who responded were drinking tap water in the affected area. "The chemical spill and its impacts were...
Published: Saturday, February 08, 2014
WATER CRISIS DEP ON HOT SEAT LAWMAKERS QUESTION TANK BILL EXEMPTIONS, INSPECTION MANDATES
- first, Fleischauer said, and lawmakers could allow the agency to write exemptions later, based on what the inventory shows. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com or 304-348-1702....
Published: Friday, February 14, 2014