Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 2 - 11 of about 17,582 matching the query, best matches first.
ENVIRONMENT ADVOCATE TO HOST PUBLIC HEARINGS
- within the Vatican," said Wendy Radcliff, who heads the state Division of Environmental Protection's new Office of Environmental Advocate. Radcliff, who was appointed to the post earlier this year by DEP Director David C. Callaghan,...
Published: Monday, September 12, 1994
ADVOCATE UNINVITED TO AIR POLLUTION TALKS
- However, a state Division of Environmental Protection official said there was no decision to deliberately snub Wendy Radcliff, environmental advocate for the DEP. Radcliff had been following the negotiations over a rule that is supposed...
Published: Sunday, February 25, 1996
DEP NAMES LABOR ACTIVIST AS ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCATE
- who announced the move in a Thursday news release "It's a pleasure to announce that Wendy Radcliff will join the DEP as our first environmental advocate," Callaghan said. "Wendy has a wealth of experience dealing with environmental...
Published: Friday, June 24, 1994
Coalfield tour to give citizens chance to speak
- Act of 1977. "This is a way to see the effects of mining on communities in West Virginia," said Wendy Radcliff, chief of the environmental advocate office. "The 20th anniversary is an opportunity to discuss not only the successes of...
Published: Sunday, July 20, 1997
ENVIRONMENT ADVOCATE UP FOR TOWN MEETINGS
- down and talk about their experiences and make suggestions for how DEP can do its job better," Radcliff said. Lawmakers created the environmental advocate office earlier this year at the urging of state Sen. David Grubb, D-Kanawha,...
Published: Monday, October 17, 1994
A CHECKUP ON EARTH DAY'S HEALTH, 25 YEARS LATER
- than seizing all of its resources for today. Does this mean Earth Day has been forgotten? Not necessarily, says Wendy Radcliff, the environmental advocate for the Division of Environmental Protection. "I think when the first Earth Day...
Published: Friday, April 14, 1995
Nature's advocate Position still needed
- Protection. The Republican senator says the position isn't needed. The truth is that it shouldn't be necessary to have an environmental advocate in an agency mandated to protect the environment. But, sadly, it is - even more so under...
Published: Wednesday, July 01, 1998
IN A CAGE HOLLOW RESIDENTS TRAPPED
- "TRANSPORTATION is the sleeping dog of chemical risks," said Wendy Radcliff, environmental advocate for the state Division of Environmental Protection. On Saturday night, the sleeping dog awoke. And when a freight train carrying chemical...
Published: Tuesday, June 10, 1997
Watchdog group tries to help DEP workers Employees 'truly
- advocate to coordinate the group's new West Virginia field office. Wendy Radcliff, former Division of Environmental Protection environmental advocate, said she took the part-time job with PEER to continue the work she did at DEP. "It...
Published: Sunday, March 14, 1999
Leader of MIC groupto fill Radcliff's post
- Pam Nixon will take over the post on Nov. 1, the DEP announced Thursday. She replaces Wendy Radcliff, the state's first DEP environmental advocate, who left in July. "I think it's going to be a very challenging position, working with...
Published: Friday, October 02, 1998