Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 3 - 12 of about 2,934 matching the query, best matches first.
RESORT SEEKS TAX CREDITS GREENBRIER HOME TO THREE OUT OF FOUR PROJECTS PURSUING TOURISM BILL BENEFITS
- Act was first passed in 2004 and was renewed and expanded in both 2007 and 2014. It aims to boost the creation of new tourism attractions by offering tax breaks to help offset private construction costs if the facilities meet certain...
Published: Sunday, August 23, 2015
JUSTICE AGAIN TRIES TO ADDRESS CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- received millions of dollars in state advertising money in the past and have been approved for up to $17.6 million in tourism-related tax breaks from the state, as he continues to call for an expanding the state's tourism efforts. His...
Published: Tuesday, January 31, 2017
A TALE OF TWO LOBBYISTS W.VA.íS POLITICAL PARTY CHAIRMEN DOUBLE AS INFLUENCE PEDDLERS
- of a tourism bill, amended and passed in the waning hours of the legislative session, that could provide up to $25 million in tax credits to The Greenbrier resort. In attendance were, among others, Jim Justice, owner of The Greenbrier,...
Published: Sunday, January 11, 2015
JUSTICE'S ELECTION STIRS QUESTIONS OF WEALTH, ETHICS BILLIONAIRES IN GOVERNOR'S MANSION, WHITE HOUSE
- raising ethical questions about how state agencies that answer to him will regulate the safety of his coal mines, consider the tourism tax breaks at his resort or pursue millions of dollars in past-due state taxes owed by some of his...
Published: Friday, January 13, 2017
- can cut the funds for helping families of struggling, working parents. And giving Jim Justice, although he is a good guy, all these tax breaks to expand The Greenbrier. Come on, where is our priorities, West Virginia? It should all...
Published: Monday, March 31, 2014
JUSTICE MEETS WITH COMMITTEES
- received millions of dollars in advertising dollars from the state Division of Tourism and could be approved in millions more in tourism-related tax breaks from the Department of Revenue. Transition chief Larry Puccio (left), Gov.-elect...
Published: Friday, December 16, 2016
WOW W.VA. PRIORITIES
- new tax break into law. There was cake and festivities with Jim Justice of the Greenbrier and the New Orleans Saints football team in the governor's office while he signed the tax credits for tourism developers. Meanwhile, programs...
Published: Saturday, March 22, 2014
STATEHOUSE BEAT FRIENDLY LOAN PROGRAM
- Meanwhile, given the criticism from some corners over giving million-dollar tax breaks to a billionaire, it would have been understandable if Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin had opted to sign the Tourism Development Act (HB4184) into law in private....
Published: Monday, March 24, 2014
LAWMAKERS PASSED BILLS ON WATER SAFETY, WAGES, ABORTION
- electronic tolling systems. n West Virginia Tourism Development Act (HB4184): provides a tax credit of up to $2.5 million annually for 10 years for new projects at The Greenbrier, including a medical facility. n Banning synthetic hallucinogens...
Published: Tuesday, March 11, 2014
OP/ED AND LETTERS
- money from the Greenbrier County Commission to support the newly established Tourism Recovery Marketing Plan. The source of the money requested is hotel occupancy tax in the county. These are not Greenbrier County taxpayer funds. The...
Published: Thursday, August 18, 2016