Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 10 - 19 of about 10,155 matching the query, best matches first.
CHEMICAL VALLEY 2 WORKERS HOSPITALIZED AFTER DUPONT LEAK
- Workplace safety and environmental officials have cited DuPont for that incident, and the U.S. Chemical Safety Board is finalizing a report on it. Staff writer Gary Harki contributed to this report. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com...
Published: Saturday, December 04, 2010
CHEM SAFETY GROUPS MEET IN CHARLESTON ADVOCATES WANT ACCIDENT PREVENTION PLAN ENACTED
- here just on a fact-finding mission, Sigman said. "I have no opinion right now. We're just trying to understand what's going on. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org, 304-348-1702 or follow @kenwardjr on Twitter....
Published: Saturday, January 24, 2015
FEDERAL INQUIRY DUPONT PHOSGENE HOSE WAS ‘FRAYING’ CHEMICAL'S LEAK KILLED WORKER AT BELLE PLANT
- hose that leaked and fatally poisoned a DuPont Belle plant worker earlier this week showed signs of "fraying" and "wear," federal Chemical Safety Board investigators said Thursday. Johnnie Banks, the lead CSB investigator, said the...
Published: Friday, January 29, 2010
DUPONT FATALITY PROBE TO FOCUS ON RUPTURED PHOSGENE HOSE
- the U.S. Chemical Safety Board called a "braided steel hose" used to transfer the chemical from 1-ton cylinders to a pesticide production unit. "The hose would be important evidence," said safety board spokesman Daniel Horowitz. A five-person...
Published: Wednesday, January 27, 2010
DUPONT PLANT ACCIDENTS CSB: 'RE-EXAMINE' SAFETY PRACTICES
- with its historically strong work and safety culture," said CSB member John Bresland, a longtime chemical plant manager and one-time DuPont lab technician. "In light of this, I would hope that DuPont officials are examining the safety...
Published: Friday, July 08, 2011
DUPONT PLANT ACCIDENTS PHOSGENE LEAK COULD HAVE CROSSED RIVER, REPORT SAYS
- the Kanawha River as part of a January 2010 leak that killed a DuPont worker, federal investigators revealed Thursday. U.S. Chemical Safety Board officials used computer models to estimate a "threat zone" from the phosgene leak. CSB...
Published: Friday, July 08, 2011
CHEMICAL SAFETY BOARD TO ISSUE REPORT ON DUPONT SAFETY PROBLEMS NEXT WEEK
- After months of delays, the U.S. Chemical Safety Board plans next week to release its report on safety problems - including a January 2010 phosgene leak that killed a worker - at the DuPont Co. plant in Belle. Board members voted unanimously...
Published: Wednesday, June 29, 2011
BELLE PLANT FEDERAL PROBES BEGIN AT DUPONT WORKER DIES AFTER CHEMICAL EXPOSURE
- C. Byrd warned of "a severe breakdown in even the most basic safety protocols." U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration inspectors were at the plant Monday, and a team from the federal Chemical Safety Board has also been...
Published: Tuesday, January 26, 2010
DUPONT WORKERS HURT IN ACID LEAK
- the other transported for precautionary purposes." Tuesday's incident occurred as Kanawha Valley residents wait for the U.S. Chemical Safety Board to release a report it has completed on a series of leaks at the Belle plant in January...
Published: Wednesday, June 01, 2011
OBAMA PUSHES OUT CHAIR OF CHEMICAL SAFETY BOARD
- President Obama’s move to force out Rafael Moure-Eraso, chairman of the U.S. Chemical Safety Board, came a week after Senate Republicans had asked him to “put new leadership in place.” Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com, 304-348-1702...
Published: Saturday, March 28, 2015