Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 4 - 13 of about 7,524 matching the query, best matches first.
Polluted water flows into stream
- cut the companies' fines in half. "They have had water quality problems in the past," Hager said. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Wednesday, June 20, 2001
DEP STILL BEHIND ON POLLUTION MONITORING NO CITATIONS OR FINES ISSUED FOR MINE WATER VIOLATIONS IN LATE ’06, EARLY ’07
- found more than 25,000 violations. Some agency staffers say that the number may be much larger. Others say the figure is smaller. When the EPA-Massey settlement was announced last week, Huffman said that his agency had resolved its...
Published: Sunday, January 20, 2008
JUDGE OKS EPA FINE FOR MASSEY WATER SUIT
- detailed thousands of violations of permit limits for acidity, sediment, iron, manganese and other pollutants. The EPA said in many cases, Massey operations discharged pollution in amounts 40 times the permitted limits. When they filed...
Published: Thursday, April 10, 2008
Massey Energy has another slurry spill
- in Southern West Virginia were cited for not properly controlling runoff and sediment during heavy rains. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Thursday, August 02, 2001
CONSOL TO PAY $400,000 IN FINES FOR WATER VIOLATIONS
- agreements on the agency's Internet site. The public notices say to contact Zeto's office at 926-0470 for more information. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com or 348-1702....
Published: Tuesday, September 30, 2008
TAKEOVER OF WATER PROGRAM SOUGHT ENVIRONMENTALISTS WANT EPA TO STEP IN
- slowly and irreversibly degraded by inadequate permitting, lack of enforcement, and apparent ignorance or disregard for the law." Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-348-1702....
Published: Thursday, June 18, 2009
JUDGE OKS MASSEY SAFETY SETTLEMENT
- the company to a substantial threat of monetary liability for violations." Among other things, the suit cited repeated violations of water pollution permit limits, hefty fines for the deaths of two miners in the Aracoma Mine fire, and...
Published: Thursday, June 26, 2008
EPA cites Massey, Arch for coal slurry spills Dividends
- from Massey and Arch did not return phone calls Wednesday afternoon. Separate complaints, filed by EPA in late December, alleged that the companies violated their state-issued Clean Water Act permits. The companies discharged "blackwater,"...
Published: Thursday, January 06, 2000
Massey Coal causes 'substantial' fish kill, DEP says
- said that the company's discharge carried downstream to Madison. He called the fish kill "substantial." To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Friday, August 24, 2001
Massey companies punished for stream spills
- Powell said that additional pollution controls required by the audits have been "incredibly costly" for Massey. Shane Harvey, another Massey lawyer, said that he could not provide Stanley with examples, or list what steps recommended...
Published: Thursday, March 13, 2003