Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 2 - 11 of about 8,448 matching the query, best matches first.
Centuries Damage long-lasting
- Wise intervened. Days after his inauguration, Wise's office contacted EPA, trying to stifle the release. Sources told reporter Ken Ward Jr. that the state Department of Environmental Protection is considering suing EPA to block the...
Published: Tuesday, May 08, 2001
West Virginians targeted for high-cost mortages Sounding
- of predatory lending practices to make unaffordable loans in order to transfer home equity from homeowners." To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., call 348-1702 or e-mail email@example.com....
Published: Sunday, January 30, 2000
- Democrats against coal, W.Va. Editor: I have listened to Ken Ward Jr. on Hoppy Kercheval's radio show and read his stories from time to time. They say it's good to know what your enemies are up to. Mr. Ward is an enemy of mine and...
Published: Saturday, July 04, 2009
MSHA: MINES MUST CREATE RESCUE TEAMS 28 NEW STATIONS DICTATED, 68 MORE TEAMS; 2 WITHIN HOUR'S DRIVE OF EACH MINE
- By Ken Ward Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org Coal operators around the country will have to create and equip dozens of new mine rescue teams, under congressionally mandated rules finalized Friday by the U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration....
Published: Saturday, February 09, 2008
Coal road guidelines absent from truck bill
- and that "fair compensation be made to the state for infrastructure costs associated with these vehicles." To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Tuesday, July 16, 2002
$41 million State failed to collect
- should have gone into a hard-up fund that reclaims abandoned strip mines and cleans up polluted streams. Environmental reporter Ken Ward Jr. learned of the mass write-off while getting information about new lawsuits being filed by the...
Published: Wednesday, May 29, 2002
MONEY FOR NOTHING INCENTIVES REQUIRE SCRUTINY
- for the pleasure of seeing their jobs disappear - again. In his weblog "Coal Tattoo," (blogs.wvgazette.com/coaltattoo/) reporter Ken Ward Jr. reminds us that the state is also working on tens of millions of dollars in tax breaks for...
Published: Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Overweight trucks feed some families while killing others
- of Highways estimates that it would cost $2.8 billion to upgrade coal roads and bridges to handle 120,000-pound trucks. Reporter Ken Ward Jr. found that under the most optimistic scenario, it would take more than 1,000 years to raise...
Published: Friday, July 19, 2002
'Clean coal' push concerns environmental activists
- plant would contribute more to global warming than production and use of the diesel it would replace." To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Sunday, October 16, 2005
Coal companies win benefits case Court deals blow to UMW
- have found a technical loophole in order to get out of their obligations to their retired coal miners." To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Wednesday, February 20, 2002