Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 28 - 37 of about 17,582 matching the query, best matches first.
CITIZENS LEFT OUT OF REGULATORY PROCESS
- showed up was Carl Beard, the former chief of the old state Air Pollution Control Commission. Wendy Radcliff, the DEP environmental advocate, wants to improve public involvement in the regulation-writing process. On Saturday, the environmental...
Published: Sunday, February 18, 1996
DEP tour shows public the ugly downsides of coal mining
- government-industry surface mine tour, which focuses on successful reclamation projects and the like. Wendy Radcliff, chief of the environmental advocate office, said she hoped the project would "offer people a look at the communities...
Published: Friday, August 15, 1997
LOGAN RESIDENTS AIR STRIP MINE COMPLAINTS AT DEP TOWN
- time, citizens did most of the talking and weren't cut off by time limits or turned-off microphones. Wendy Radcliff, chief of the environmental advocate office, said she hopes the hearings will help Callaghan and others at DEP better...
Published: Tuesday, October 25, 1994
"ENVIRONMENTALISTS' TAKEN TO TASK
- using money collected from responsible operators. To fix the acid drainage from the 5-acre site would cost $150,000, according to Environmental Advocate Wendy Radcliff. So why is Streenstra opposed to "conflict to resolution?" Surely,...
Published: Friday, January 06, 1995
INDUSTRY, EMERGENCY RESPONDERS TAKE COMMITTEE
- us on the committee. Now they'll just have to fight us in the media." Also on the ballot but not elected were Wendy Radcliff, the environmental advocate for the West Virginia Division of Environmental Protection, and longtime Rhone-Poulenc...
Published: Thursday, March 30, 1995
ENVIRONMENTAL CONFERENCE PLANNED
- an open-microphone question-and-answer period hosted by Charleston radio talk show host Don Cook. Wendy Radcliff, environmental advocate with the state Division of Environmental Protection, is the chairwoman of this year's conference....
Published: Thursday, October 17, 1996
Miano wants to replace environmental advocate
- 12. Radcliff resigned because of differences with Gov. Cecil Underwood's administration and career opportunities elsewhere. The environmental advocate job was created by the state Legislature in 1994. Miano also must fill the positions...
Published: Saturday, June 20, 1998
OFFICIALS VISIT ALA. TO LOOK AT PULP MILL
- David C. Callaghan led the six-person delegation, which also included DEP Deputy Director Eli McCoy and Environmental Advocate Wendy Radcliff. Callaghan said he decided late last week to make the trip because a series of articles in...
Published: Wednesday, October 12, 1994
REPORT CITING DANGER BURIED
- NICS concluded. "Very few people live out of range of truck, rail or barge movements of hazardous materials." Wendy Radcliff, the environmental advocate with the state Division of Environmental Protection, said, "Transportation is the...
Published: Monday, June 09, 1997
DEP CHIEF MEETS WITH ENVIRONMENTALISTS
- southern part of the state to address local problems and make officials more accountable. Wendy Radcliff, the DEP environmental advocate, helped organize the meeting between the group and Caffrey. About 15 people from Boone, Logan,...
Published: Monday, June 23, 1997