Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 3 - 12 of about 4,559 matching the query, best matches first.
MINE'S SELENIUM DEFORMS FISH, EXPERT SAYS
- conclusions. I haven't read what [Lemly] has done, and our people have not reviewed it in any detail." To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Sunday, April 27, 2008
COAL COMPANIES SEEK DEALS WITH STATE DEP
- sometimes it's not spelled out exactly what were the violations and what dates and so on," Zeto said. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Friday, March 14, 2008
COAL LAWYERS WANT APPEAL THROWN OUT
- reports, coal industry lobbyists tried unsuccessfully to persuade lawmakers and the DEP to relax West Virginia's water quality rules for selenium. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Friday, August 10, 2007
Stiffed Taxpayers hold the bag
- Environmental groups sued. The DEP hired high-priced outside lawyers to defend itself. But the agency lost in court. Reporter Ken Ward Jr. found that the DEP's outside lawyers have charged taxpayers $360,000 so far. Worse, since the...
Published: Monday, January 03, 2000
Flooding victims sue DEP to see timber, mining study
- a hearing as "soon as practicable." He also asked that DEP be forced to pay the costs of the lawsuit. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Friday, June 07, 2002
EPA SUES WAYNE TOWN OVER WATER VIOLATIONS
- discharge of untreated sewage," to come into compliance with the Clean Water Act, and to comply with its DEP permit. The suit also seeks fines and court costs. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-348-1702....
Published: Wednesday, August 19, 2009
WEST VIRGINIA STATE PARKS GAS DRILLING AT CHIEF LOGAN WOULD BE BEGINNING OF THE END
- may not permit . the exploitation of minerals . for commercial purposes in any State Park. In December 2007, the Gazette's Ken Ward Jr. reported that the president of Lawson Heirs Inc. had leased the natural gas rights under Chief Logan...
Published: Sunday, August 23, 2009
Judge won't stop DEP suit
- citizen suit over mountaintop removal coal mining to continue, despite various jurisdictional arguments raised by DEP. In his ruling, Chambers criticized DEP for drawing up a CHIA policy without giving citizens input in the process....
Published: Wednesday, May 03, 2000
DEP sues Navy over rocket plant waste in Mineral The
- a lengthy court battle," he said. "But the Navy is no different from any other company that we regulate." To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Sunday, March 19, 2000
DEP years behind on mine runoff rules Agency promises to
- lawsuit. The suit is pending before Chief U.S. District Judge Charles H. Haden II in Charleston. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Sunday, July 15, 2001