Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 3 - 12 of about 2,764 matching the query, best matches first.
ELECTION 2016 GREENBRIER OWNER MAY RUN FOR GOVERNOR
- considering he has never held political office, Justice said, "There's no point in me being interested in a different office. While Justice said the state's next governor has to be someone with bold thinking, he said one area in particular...
Published: Thursday, April 23, 2015
SESSION TACKLING JUVENILE JUSTICE HOUSE, SENATE BILLS TO REFORM TRUANCY POLICIES, INCREASE RESOURCES FOR CHILDREN
- would reduce the number of juvenile incarcerations and instances in which children are removed from their homes. "It touches everybody, Senate Judiciary Chairman Sen. Charles Trump, R-Berkeley, said Friday. "It touches the judiciary...
Published: Monday, March 02, 2015
HIGHS AND LOWS OF THE 2015 SESSION PRODUCTIVITY AND PROGRESS FROM THE GOP-LED LEGISLATURE
- epidemic, including a pilot addiction treatment program and a measure that allows life-saving treatments for opioid overdoses. Legislation on truancy, home schooling, juvenile justice, and home rule all went to the governor's desk....
Published: Wednesday, March 18, 2015
ELECTION 2016 CAMPAIGNS FOCUS ON HEROIN CANDIDATES ARE RECOGNIZING DRUG AS NATIONAL ISSUE
- R-Ky., has made reforming drug laws and the criminal-justice system a centerpiece of his presidential campaign. And former Florida governor Jeb Bush, R, said he learned about New Hampshire's heroin problem while touring as a potential...
Published: Thursday, June 04, 2015
ARCHIVISTS PROBE TEXAS BIBLE SAM HOUSTON MAY NOT HAVE BEEN OWNER OF HOLY BOOK USED TO SWEAR IN POLITICIANS
- from Mexico at the Battle of San Jacinto. He was twice president of the Republic of Texas in the 1840s and the state's seventh governor. He is so idolized by Perry that last year the governor was baptized in the small creek where Houston,...
Published: Tuesday, January 20, 2015
SPEECH TARGETS SCHOOL ISSUES
- an additional $660,000 to expand treatment options in the Northern Panhandle. The state will spend another $4.5 million on juvenile justice reform. Tomblin's proposal would establish truancy diversion specialists in all counties and...
Published: Thursday, January 15, 2015
OFFICIALS APPROVE 261 PIECES OF LEGISLATION
- are breaking the law - like drinking underage or having drugs in their system - but are helping someone who is overdosing to get life-saving medical assistance. Lets banks make 30 calls or have 10 phone conversations a week with people...
Published: Tuesday, March 17, 2015
GAY MARRIAGE CASE ISSUE SPLIT ON PARTY LINES
- Dick Cheney; former Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman; six former governors; and 16 former members of Congress. Justice Sonia Sotomayor says the Supreme Court has too many law professors, too many Ivy Leaguers, too...
Published: Tuesday, March 17, 2015
- write someone off as being an unloving person towards you, make sure you have been properly loving to them. ¦ If Justice gets in for governor, people think they have to go out of state to find jobs now, just wait. He will throw West...
Published: Tuesday, May 19, 2015
EXPERTS HOST PANEL DOCTORS, LAWMAKERS DISCUSS ADDICTIONS PLAGUING THE STATEON DRUG EPIDEMIC
- have struggled with drug or alcohol abuse. While most people think the issue is often centered on the state's adult population, Joey Garcia, who serves as Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin's director of legislative affairs, said another there also...
Published: Tuesday, June 02, 2015