Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 2 - 11 of about 8,759 matching the query, best matches first.
- inquiry 3. All in all, a positive Detroit ex- perience for Marshall 4. Herd the hard way 5. West Virginian of the Year: Jim Justice, new owner of The Greenbrier MOST COMMENTED 1. Jay applauds health-care bill provision 2. With a slap,...
Published: Monday, December 28, 2009
HEALING AMERICA'S RACIAL GULF
- equality was helped a tiny bit Thursday evening when President Obama shared beers with Massachusetts police Sgt. Jim Crowley and West Virginian of the Year Henry Louis "Skip" Gates Jr. Images of the three men being cordial and cooperative...
Published: Monday, August 03, 2009
BOOST GREENBRIER CASINO
- Amid the damaging recession, West Virginia's economy needs all the help it can get - and coal-operator-turned-hotelier Jim Justice is a marvelous booster. He saved the bankrupt Greenbrier resort by paying $22.7 million for it, and...
Published: Thursday, July 23, 2009
GREENBRIER RESORT SALE IN DISPUTE WHO IS OWNER? 'ASK THE JUDGE,' MARRIOTT SAYS
- property. Our purchase agreement remains outstanding." Asked who owns the resort, Marder responded, "You better ask the judge." Jim Justice, a Greenbrier County businessman who operates coal and agriculture companies, said Thursday...
Published: Friday, May 08, 2009
COUNTING DOWN WEST VIRGINIA'S TOP 10 SPORTS MOMENTS OF '09
- exercise. She becomes the first U.S. woman to win a Junior National championship and a world title in the same year and is the first West Virginian since Mary Lou Retton in 1984 to compete in the worlds and U.S. national championships....
Published: Wednesday, December 30, 2009
INNERVIEWS 'I'M A TOTAL OPTIMIST' CASINO HOTEL MANAGER HOME AT LAST
- and ultra-congenial, a husky teddy bear of a guy who obviously played football. (He was a tight end at Glenville State.) A full-time West Virginian again, he enjoys watching son Tyler play for WVU and hitting the links with son Jordan,...
Published: Monday, September 21, 2009
- including supporting the University of Charleston, the Church of the Nazarene and West Virginia Health Right. He was a proud West Virginian with a gift for storytelling and a wicked sense of humor. He is survived by his beloved and...
Published: Saturday, February 07, 2009
- football, basketball, and wrestled. After graduation, he attended Fairmont College, where he earned an associate degree in criminal justice. He was a 1983 heavy weight Golden Glove Champion. He was an avid photographer for dirt track...
Published: Sunday, November 15, 2009
RESORTS JERRY WEST TEAMS UP WITH THE GREENBRIER ON NEW STEAKHOUSE BASKETBALL GREAT SAYS RESTAURANT WILL BE TOP-NOTCH
- Friends Jim Justice and Jerry West will team up to create a "first-class" steakhouse at The Greenbrier resort in White Sulphur Springs, the pair announced Thursday afternoon. Justice, The Greenbrier's new owner, said the restaurant...
Published: Friday, July 24, 2009
TAKING A GAMBLE NEW GREENBRIER OWNER TO OPEN $20 MILLION 'MONTE CARLO-STYLE' CASINO
- WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS - The Greenbrier's new owner, Jim Justice, wants to build a 50,000-square-foot casino at the resort by the end of the year, but first he must find a place to put it. Justice already has suggested one possible...
Published: Sunday, May 24, 2009