Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 2 - 11 of about 583 matching the query, best matches first.
GAZETTE-MAIL TAKES HIGH HONORS AT PRESS ASSOCIATION
- second- and third-place awards in the division for daily newspapers with print circulation of 16,000 or more. Reporters Ken Ward Jr. and Kate Mishkin won first place for best governmental affairs reporting for their story on new House...
Published: Sunday, August 04, 2019
LETTER: MARIAN KEYES
- hiding from but attacking freedom of the press, the Charleston Gazette-Mail keeps investigative reporters like Eric Eyre and Ken Ward Jr. on staff and maintains its critical role of watchdog for the people even as budgets shrink. I...
Published: Friday, August 30, 2019
ARMED UTAH TEACHERS PRACTICE RESPONDING TO SCHOOL SHOOTINGS
- to protect others? We have to be cautious of what we ask people to do in these traumatic, stressful situations, said Ken Trump, a school safety expert with the National School Safety and Security Services consulting firm. Miramontes...
Published: Saturday, July 06, 2019
ADD SOME MEAT TO STATE ETHICS ACT BURGER
- relied heavily on lobbyists' disclosures (many of which had been referenced in a less comprehensive manner in this column). As Ken Ward Jr. noted afterward, the lobbyist activity reports are a greatly underused resource for news reporters,...
Published: Sunday, August 25, 2019
HIGH COST OF SWINGING BALANCE OF A HIGH COURT
- end, the county and the state will be left with nothing to show for it except a scarred landscape where mountains once stood. As Ken Ward pointed out, it's not as if the powers that be did not have advance warning of what was coming,...
Published: Sunday, August 18, 2019
WEST VIRGINIAS IMMACULATE GOVERNOR
- But for the feds to use subpoena power against a sitting governor, one must wonder. Finally, last week, the Gazette-Mail's Ken Ward Jr., in collaboration with ProPublica, authored a massive expos...
Published: Saturday, August 24, 2019
MEDIA ATTACKS ON OIL, NATURAL GAS UNWARRANTED
- if that drives jobs and economic opportunity out of West Virginia. Since mid-2018, Gazette-Mail reporters, Kate Mishkin and Ken Ward, (Ward's salary is reimbursed by ProPublica), have written over 20 articles attacking the oil and natural...
Published: Thursday, July 18, 2019
THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS COMES WITH RESPONSIBILITY
- Member Congressman Mooney would be as simple as proposing to aggressively enact and strictly enforce gun safety, which is not the same as gun control. Even Mr. Mooney states, in his op-ed, that "Congress should make sure training is...
Published: Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- and Joe Salisbury (12), Britain, def. Malek Jaziri, Tunisia and Radu Albot, Moldova, 6-3, 6-4, 6-2. Ken Skupski, Britain and John-Patrick Smith, Australia, def. James Ward, Britain and Jay Clarke, Britain, 6-2, 6-4, 6-2. Lleyton Hewitt,...
Published: Thursday, July 04, 2019
- to Vanessa G. and Mark A. Jarrell. Lot, South Charleston, $115,000. Josephine Mooney to Mark E. Altman and Megan N. Bohon. Lots, South Charleston, $121,000. James A. Dye II to Paula J. Ward. Lot, Dunbar, $80,000. Henry C. and Janice...
Published: Sunday, July 28, 2019