Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 17 - 26 of about 22,496 matching the query, best matches first.
MASSEY WORKER CHARGED WITH FAKING FOREMAN'S CERTIFICATE
- VanDervort wrote. "Should an interested party object to continued sealing, she may then request an opportunity to be heard." Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com or 304-348-1702....
Published: Wednesday, March 23, 2011
GOODWIN:MASSEY PROBE FAR FROM OVER
- if there are persons who should be held criminally responsible for the deplorable conditions that led to the UBB disaster." Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-348-1702....
Published: Friday, October 28, 2011
SENTENCING STOVER GETS THREE YEARS
- the explosion, Berger said, "MSHA is not on trial, so I won't go into my opinion on that, given the evidence I've heard." Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com or 304-348-1702....
Published: Thursday, March 01, 2012
UBB DISASTER MINE OFFICIAL GETS 21 MONTHS SUPERINTENDENT VIOLATED SAFETY REGULATIONS
- "There were 29 victims, and that's not covering the families, the co-workers, all of the people who were involved in this." Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-348-1702....
Published: Friday, January 18, 2013
PROSECUTORS OPPOSE DELAYING BLANKENSHIP TRIAL
- involving mine superintendent Gary May and Massey security director Hughie Elbert Stover - details of travel requests and court rulings on those requests were publicly available. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com, 304-348-1702...
Published: Thursday, December 11, 2014
DON BLANKENSHIP CASE TRIAL SPOTLIGHTS STATE'S TIES TO COAL
- and his defense lawyers leave the Robert C. Byrd United States Courthouse after the jury reached a verdict Thursday. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org, 304-348-1702 or follow @kenwardjr on Twitter....
Published: Sunday, December 06, 2015
EX-MASSEY OFFICIAL SENTENCED TO 3 1/2 YEARS
- 29 miners," Ellison said. "I don't want them to be forgotten. There was no reason they should have been killed that day." Reach Ken Ward at email@example.com or 304-348-1702....
Published: Wednesday, September 11, 2013
MORE CHARGES COMING 'SHORTLY'
- admitted that he took part in a scheme to provide advance warning of government inspections and then hide or correct violations before federal agents could make it into working sections of the mine. U.S. District Judge Irene Berger...
Published: Thursday, October 11, 2012
MINE SAFETY ANOTHER SAD ANNIVERSARY
- to impose fines up to $220,000 for each "flagrant" safety violation - repeated and serious lapses. MSHA has used this authority, but not at Upper Big Branch. MSHA levied such fines more than 125 times during the past five years, mostly...
Published: Tuesday, April 05, 2011
UPPER BIG BRANCH MINERS' FAMILIES SETTLE CLAIMS
- to conceal some serious safety problems at Upper Big Branch, and contributed to the disaster. After a 20-month probe, MSHA's investigation team found that the disaster was caused by the company's "unwarrantable failure" to follow federal...
Published: Wednesday, January 11, 2012