Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 3 - 12 of about 2,716 matching the query, best matches first.
OPPOSITION MOUNTS AS BUSH FINALIZES STREAM 'BUFFER ZONE' RULE
- rule change] is an attempt to take away from regulators the ability to limit valley fills through the use of the buffer zone rule," Lovett said Monday. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com or 348-1702....
Published: Tuesday, December 02, 2008
EDITORIAL REVEALS PREJUDICE
- through" in the final days of the Bush presidency is factually wrong, and the Gazette's own reporting provides proof. Several Ken Ward Jr. articles have referred to the nearly five-year process, the environmental impact statement that...
Published: Tuesday, December 16, 2008
MINING IMPACT ON SPECIES REVIEW SOUGHT
- opinion to avoid studying the potential impacts on protected species from a rewrite of its federal stream buffer zone rule. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Wednesday, January 16, 2008
SUIT CHALLENGES MINING RULE CHANGES
- bring back what has already been lost." Read more about mountaintop removal: http:/wvgaz ette.com/News/Mining+the+Mountains Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 304-348-1702....
Published: Tuesday, December 23, 2008
BUSH PUBLISHES CHANGES TO MOUNTAINTOP REMOVAL RULE ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR. TESTIFIES AGAINST BUFFER ZONE CHANGES AT HEARING
- That same study projected that coal operators can be expected to bury another 724 miles of Appalachian streams by 2018. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com or 304-348-1702....
Published: Friday, December 12, 2008
MOUNTAINTOP REMOVAL A PRESIDENTIAL ISSUE NEITHER MCCAIN, OBAMA SUPPORT MINING PRACTICE
- Another 535 miles of streams across the region are expected to be damaged under new permits issued between October 2001 and June 2005, according to the U.S. Office of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Enforcement. Roughly two-thirds of...
Published: Wednesday, September 17, 2008
MAYNARD RECUSES HIMSELF 3RD TIME
- markers and outlines shown on company maps. Coal River Mountain Watch lawyers Derek Teaney and Joe Lovett have appealed that portion of Bloom's ruling. DEP lawyer Tom Clarke did not appeal the portion of Bloom's ruling that went against...
Published: Friday, February 08, 2008
OBAMA'S ENERGY PLAN COAL MAY FACE TOUGHER REGULATION INDUSTRY NOT EXPECTED TO FOLD DESPITE ENFORCEMENT CHANGES
- Obama has promised swift and tough action on the biggest issue facing the coal industry: National and international efforts to try to limit carbon dioxide emissions that contribute to global warming and climate change. During the campaign,...
Published: Sunday, November 09, 2008
- for Congress. Why? s What is the condition of the federal mine inspector that was seriously injured at the Mammoth mine? Ken Ward, where are you? s Concerning the article on the Hawks Nest workers' graves, why doesn't an organization...
Published: Friday, February 29, 2008
CHEMICAL SAFETY BOARD HOPES TO REFORM PROPANE OPERATIONS
- wouldn't have occurred. Instead, there might have been a flash fire that likely would not have been as deadly, Hall said. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 348-1702....
Published: Saturday, September 27, 2008