Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 2 - 11 of about 6,328 matching the query, best matches first.
FEDS MISS INSPECTIONS AT LOGAN MINE
- experts say. The Mountaineer II Mine accident is the second time this month that a West Virginia miner was killed in an operation where MSHA missed required inspections. Around 7 a.m. Sunday, construction worker Robert D. Fraley was...
Published: Tuesday, September 18, 2007
MINE DEATHS , FAILED GOVERNMENT
- of all Southern West Virginia mines are overdue for their regular inspections from the U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration. Missed inspections are also a problem around the country, but it is most severe here, the nation's most...
Published: Wednesday, October 31, 2007
MSHA ADMITS INSPECTION LAPSES AGENCY'S BACKLOG IS WIDESPREAD
- officials confirmed. The exact extent and magnitude of the problem are still not clear. MSHA officials were still compiling numbers on missed inspections in other districts. MSHA officials said they are shifting inspectors among offices...
Published: Thursday, October 04, 2007
FOR FIRST TIME, MSHA FINISHES REQUIRED MINE INSPECTIONS LABOR DEPARTMENT PRAISES ‘UNPRECEDENTED’ EFFORT; UMW CALLS IT ‘PRESS RELEASE’
- discussion about how inspections are conducted is warranted so that they can be achieved efficiently and effectively." Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-348-1702....
Published: Thursday, December 11, 2008
ANOTHER REVIEW, ANOTHER LIST OF MSHA ENFORCEMENT LAPSES
- possess the staffing or funding to effectively conduct mandated inspections along with a multitude of additional activities." Reach Ken Ward Jr. at email@example.com or 348-1702....
Published: Sunday, July 27, 2008
ADMINISTRATION 'WEAK LINK,' BYRD SAYS MINE SAFETY MISSION DILUTED, SENATOR SAYS
- those with genuine concern for the safety of America’s coal miners and their families,” Byrd said Monday. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Tuesday, October 09, 2007
MSHA MISSED INSPECTIONS AT SITE OF FAYETTE DEATH
- year, 33 miners died across the country and nine in West Virginia, according to MSHA's official count. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Friday, March 14, 2008
MISSING MSHA FINES UP UNDER BUSH STICKLER UNVEILS PLAN TO ASSESS EVERY CITATION
- I do not have to open the newspaper to yet another story about the jaw-dropping failures at MSHA," Rahall said. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Wednesday, February 06, 2008
MSHA FAILED CRANDALL MINERS IN UTAH, REVIEW SAYS
- was fined $200,000 for a contributing violation. MSHA said the firm performed a faulty analysis of the mine's design. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 348-1702....
Published: Friday, July 25, 2008
MSHA'S STICKLER NEAR TERM'S END BYRD, KENNEDY BLOCKING VOTE TO RETAIN HIM
- do that job, McAteer said. "We need to have responsible leadership in a very important agency," McAteer said. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Thursday, December 13, 2007