Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 6 - 15 of about 17,582 matching the query, best matches first.
ENVIRONMENT ADVOCATE UP FOR TOWN MEETINGS
- down and talk about their experiences and make suggestions for how DEP can do its job better," Radcliff said. Lawmakers created the environmental advocate office earlier this year at the urging of state Sen. David Grubb, D-Kanawha,...
Published: Monday, October 17, 1994
A CHECKUP ON EARTH DAY'S HEALTH, 25 YEARS LATER
- than seizing all of its resources for today. Does this mean Earth Day has been forgotten? Not necessarily, says Wendy Radcliff, the environmental advocate for the Division of Environmental Protection. "I think when the first Earth Day...
Published: Friday, April 14, 1995
Nature's advocate Position still needed
- Protection. The Republican senator says the position isn't needed. The truth is that it shouldn't be necessary to have an environmental advocate in an agency mandated to protect the environment. But, sadly, it is - even more so under...
Published: Wednesday, July 01, 1998
IN A CAGE HOLLOW RESIDENTS TRAPPED
- "TRANSPORTATION is the sleeping dog of chemical risks," said Wendy Radcliff, environmental advocate for the state Division of Environmental Protection. On Saturday night, the sleeping dog awoke. And when a freight train carrying chemical...
Published: Tuesday, June 10, 1997
Watchdog group tries to help DEP workers Employees 'truly
- advocate to coordinate the group's new West Virginia field office. Wendy Radcliff, former Division of Environmental Protection environmental advocate, said she took the part-time job with PEER to continue the work she did at DEP. "It...
Published: Sunday, March 14, 1999
Leader of MIC groupto fill Radcliff's post
- Pam Nixon will take over the post on Nov. 1, the DEP announced Thursday. She replaces Wendy Radcliff, the state's first DEP environmental advocate, who left in July. "I think it's going to be a very challenging position, working with...
Published: Friday, October 02, 1998
LA. ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCATE PRAISES NEW WEST VIRGINIA OFFICE
- people learn how to prepare their presentations and present their side." Fontenot, perhaps the nation's only other full-time state environmental advocate, was in West Virginia this week to meet with Wendy Radcliff. Radcliff was hired...
Published: Thursday, December 15, 1994
- the agency can beef up enforcement actions statewide, according to the 24-page report. Wendy Radcliff, chief of the DEP Office of Environmental Advocate, wrote the report based on a series of town meetings she organized in October and...
Published: Saturday, January 14, 1995
DEP WORKSHOP TO FOCUS ON WATER QUALITY
- how environmental enforcement strategies and environmental regulations are developed and enforced. Wendy Radcliff, chief of the environmental advocate office, said, "Understanding the process will enable people to contribute more effectively...
Published: Thursday, October 05, 1995
INDUSTRY, CITIZENS TESTIFY AT DEP ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCATE
- Division of Environmental Protection public hearing held to take comments on regulations outlining the purposes of the DEP Office of Environmental Advocate DEP Director David C. Callaghan named Wendy Radcliff, a 25-year-old activist,...
Published: Tuesday, July 19, 1994