Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 2 - 11 of about 23,269 matching the query, best matches first.
MASSEY FOREMAN IS FINED $1,000
- 1 Mine will pay a $1,000 criminal fine after he admitted that he didn't conduct required evacuation drills prior to the January 2006 fire that killed two miners. U.S. District Judge John T. Copenhaver Jr. also sentenced David R. Runyon...
Published: Friday, July 10, 2009
ARACOMA FOREMAN PLEADS GUILTY FIRE DRILLS SKIPPED AT MINE WHERE TWO WERE KILLED DIED
- Bragg and Ellery Hatfield. Several other Massey mine managers have said publicly that they were under investigation in the Aracoma fire probe. Prosecutors agreed to drop four other charges against Runyon, three of which were felony...
Published: Friday, April 10, 2009
ARACOMA WIDOWS OPPOSE MASSEY PLEA DEAL
- from taking the case higher up the Massey corporate structure. Delorice Bragg and Freda Hatfield urged U.S. District Judge John T. Copenhaver to reject Massey subsidiary Aracoma Coal Co.'s 10-count plea bargain and $2.5 million criminal...
Published: Thursday, January 15, 2009
FEDERAL PANEL WANTS TO REVIEW ARACOMA SETTLEMENT
- company also agreed to pay $1.7 million in civil fines to resolve more than 1,300 violations cited by MSHA inspectors after the fatal fire. U.S. District Judge John T. Copenhaver Jr. has not yet approved the plea agreement. Copenhaver...
Published: Thursday, January 29, 2009
MINING MASSEY FOREMAN INDICTED AS ARACOMA FIRE PROBE CONTINUESCHARGES INCLUDE FAILURE TO CONDUCT SAFETY DRILLS, LYING
- agreement and the charges against Runyon focused on criminal violations that hampered miners who were trying to evacuate after the fire began. The Bragg and Hatfield families have urged U.S. District Judge John T. Copenhaver to reject...
Published: Friday, January 30, 2009
ARACOMA FOREMAN TO PLEAD GUILTY IN FATAL '06 MINE FIRE
- Energy's Aracoma Alma No. 1 Mine has agreed to plead guilty as part of a continuing criminal investigation of the January 2006 fire that killed two Massey coal miners. David R. Runyon was charged in January in a five-count indictment...
Published: Saturday, March 28, 2009
FIRM CAN REPRESENT MASSEY, JUDGE RULES
- miners has been raised before, during the investigation of the Jan. 19, 2006, fire that killed two workers at Massey Energy's Aracoma Alma No. 1 Mine. During that probe, MSHA lead investigator Kenny Murray repeatedly questioned whether...
Published: Friday, January 19, 2007
MINE WORKERS PLEAD GUILTY TO SAFETY FAKERY PAIR WERE TO TESTIFY AGAINST WHITE BUCK COAL CO.
- criminal investigation of the events surrounding the January 2006 fire that killed two miners at Massey subsidiary Aracoma Coal Co.'s Aracoma Alma No. 1 Mine. Wine and Bennett were each released on $10,000 unsecured bond. Copenhaver...
Published: Thursday, February 15, 2007
WHITE BUCK SENTENCING DELAYED
- to the court," Lusk wrote. Massey is also facing a criminal investigation of the Jan. 19, 2006, fire that killed two miners at its Aracoma Alma No. 1 Mine in Logan County. Last week, federal regulators filed a new lawsuit that alleged...
Published: Tuesday, May 15, 2007
FOREMAN SAYS MASSEY TOLD HIM TO SKIP SAFETY CHECKS
- workers has been raised by federal officials before, during the investigation of the January fire that killed two workers at Massey’s Aracoma Alma No. 1 Mine in Logan County. During that probe, MSHA lead investigator Kenny Murray repeatedly...
Published: Friday, December 08, 2006