Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 51 - 60 of about 1,933 matching the query, best matches first.
REWARD IN TRUCKER'S DEATH HITS $44,000
- A.T. Massey Coal Co. officials report a reward being offered in an effort to find the sniper responsible for the ambush murder of a non-union truck driver has more than doubled to $44,000. The reward originally was $20,000 when offered...
Published: Friday, June 28, 1985
WILLIAM EARL MASSEY FAYETTEVILLE
- WILLIAM EARL MASSEY, 31, OF WILLIAM EARL MASSEY FAYETTEVILLE - WILLIAM EARL MASSEY, 31, OF Route 1, Box 293, Fayetteville, died Sunday in Raleigh General Hospital, Beckley, of a short illness. He was a miner at Ranger Fuel Co., Fayetteville....
Published: Tuesday, July 16, 1985
MASSEY CHIEF TO GIVE VIDEOTAPE DEPOSITION
- The president of A.T. Massey Coal Co. will not appear in person at the Elk Run Coal Co.-United Mine Workers trial in federal court, but E. Morgan Massey will give a videotape deposition that can be used in lieu of live testimony. The...
Published: Wednesday, September 18, 1985
MASSEY URGES FEDERAL COALFIELD VIOLENCE LAW
- E. Morgan Massey, president of A.T. Massey Coal Co., called Friday for federal law to deal with violence in the Southern West Virginia coalfields. Sen. Robert C. Byrd, D-W.Va., voted against an attempt this week to pass such a law,...
Published: Saturday, September 21, 1985
As one issue is settled another appears in labor dispute
- a settlement had been reached on an unfair labor practice case central to the United Mine Workers' strike against the A.T. Massey Coal Co. In dispute was whether Massey, with its scores of subsidiaries, should negotiate as a single...
Published: Sunday, December 22, 1985
UMW MEETINGS TODAY TO DISCUSS RETURNING
- As coal miners considered a possible end to their bitter strike against A.T. Massey Coal Co., officials of the United Mine Workers planned meetings today in local halls throughout the strike region to discuss the process of returning...
Published: Monday, December 23, 1985
UMW-Massey confusion not resolved
- Ten days after the United Mine Workers claimed victory in their bitter strike against A.T. Massey Coal Co., no miners have returned. to work and company officials renewed their campaign to discredit UMW President Richard Trumka's assertion...
Published: Wednesday, January 01, 1986
SUTTON MAN SEEKS POLICE HELP, ARRESTED FOR HAVING STOLEN CAR
- Roy C. Massey walked into St. Albans police headquarters to ask for help. Patrolman M.L. Sisson was happy to oblige. Then he arrested the Braxton County man. Massey, 46, of Sutton asked Sisson Monday to make several people get out...
Published: Wednesday, March 12, 1986
CLYDE E. MASSEY HURRICANE
- CLYDE E. MASSEY, 85, OF HURRICANE, CLYDE E. MASSEY HURRICANE _ CLYDE E. MASSEY, 85, OF HURRICANE, formerly of St. Albans, died Sept. 16, 1986, in Putnam General Hospital, Teays Valley, after a long illness. He was a retired carpenter...
Published: Thursday, September 18, 1986
- MASSEY-DEULEY Deborah Lyn Deuley, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert G. Deuley of Mount Zion, and Lt. Warren Scott Massey, son of Sarah Sue Massey of. Anstead and the late Ray Massey, were married Oct. 4 in First Baptist Church in Grantsville....
Published: Monday, December 15, 1986