Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 31 - 40 of about 1,933 matching the query, best matches first.
A.T. MASSEY TRYING TO SELL STRIKE TARGETS
- The president of A.T. Massey Coal Co. confirmed Tuesday that his company has been negotiating with three coal companies _ including Consolidation Coal Co. - to sell Rawl Sales and Processing Co and other properties that have been targets...
Published: Wednesday, October 09, 1985
Coal pours out as UMW strike drags on
- "no backward steps; no takeaway contract," United Mine Workers President Richard Trumka announced a selective strike against A.T. Massey subsidiaries last year. That strike is still on, 14 months and two Thanksgivings later, but railroad...
Published: Friday, November 29, 1985
BOTH SIDES OF STRIKE LOSING, ANALYSTS SAY
- The emotional United Mine Workers strike against A.T. Massey subsidiaries will have little effect on industrywide labor relations, according to two coal industry analysts. Although about 700 striking miners remain out of work and one...
Published: Tuesday, December 10, 1985
DATE OF CALL DISPUTED IN LOGAN CASE
- home to Michigan - two days before Cook allegedly assaulted the Logan student. Cook and former Logan baseball coach Jeff Massey are accused of punching and kicking Vance as he was on his way to school Dec. 10, 1984. Cook's testimony...
Published: Thursday, December 19, 1985
LOGAN BOARD OF EDUCATION REINSTATES MASSEY BUT NOT COOK
- Jeff Massey can return to teaching and coaching baseball at. Logan High School today, but the career of basketball coach Rick Cook is still on hold. Before a standing-room-only crowd, Logan County Board of Education members Thursday...
Published: Friday, January 10, 1986
BECKLEY EDITOR'S COLUMN STIRS CONTROVERSY
- wrongs? Do they improve their communities - or merely seek profits? This series explores these questions. BECKLEY - Walter Massey says he is no longer an inflexible. right-winger. But he's still battling Satan on the editorial page...
Published: Friday, September 12, 1986
MASSEY COAL OWNERS MAY DIVIDE OPERATIONS
- A Kentucky newspaper has reported the owners of A.T. Massey Coal Co. are planning to divide their operations, but Massey's attorney said Wednesday the action still is being discussed. The Louisville (Ky.) Courier-Journal reported earlier...
Published: Thursday, April 30, 1987
Massey ordered to pay back taxes
- A.T. Massey Coal Company lost its bitter battle against property tax assessments in Webster County Friday, when the state Supreme Court ruled the company must pay more than $700,000 in back taxes. Massey paid $29.8 million for 7,291...
Published: Saturday, July 18, 1987
Another chop job on state Department of Energy
- jobs on the Department of Energy which went on to print only half of the facts and drew of course erroneous conclusions. Mr. Nyden promised me that he would print the fact that the Department of Energy primarily uses criminal sanctions...
Published: Sunday, October 18, 1987
ARTICLE NEEDS SOME CORRECTIONS
- work for the Consumer Advocate Division of the West Virginia Public Service Commission, acouple of corrections are in order. Nyden wrote, "Kilpatrick is also unhappy the commission ACCEPTED APCO'S RATE REDUCTIONS WITHOUT EXTENSIVE HEARINGS."...
Published: Tuesday, October 20, 1987